1. Definition of cookie
Cookies are files that are downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages.
They allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment (site preferences, profile information, etc.) and, depending on the information they contain and the form In which the equipment is utilized, can be used to recognize the user.
For certain functions of the website barcelonaparkinson.com it is necessary to have cookies enabled.
2. What information is stored in a cookie?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, ID number, or personal information. The data they keep are of a technical nature (personal preferences, personalization of content, etc.). The web server does not associate the data with you as a person, only with your browser.
3. Classification of cookies
According to the period in which they are active:
Session: these are temporary cookies that are created when the user visits your website and they expire when the session ends, so they are not registered in the computer.
Persistent: stored on the computer beyond the browsing session. They allow websites to remember user preferences and settings when they log in again. They remain active for a set time, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
According to the entity that manages them:
Owned: are those established for the domain of the website that is being visited and are essential for its operation.
Third parties: they come from other external sources, such as advertisements, images, etc., inserted in the pages. They have statistical purposes.
According to purpose:
Technical: they are the most basic and they allow, among other things, to know if a human or an automated application is navigating, if an anonymous user or a registered user is accessing, etc. These are basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
Analytical: They collect information about the type of navigation being carried out, the sections that are most visited, the products consulted, the time-of-day of access, the language, etc. Their purpose is to introduce improvements based on the analysis of navigation behavior.
Advertising: They allow the management of advertising in the spaces that have been enabled in the web pages, depending on the user´s navigation, their country of origin, language, etc.
4. Which are used? What are they for? How long are they stored?
The website barcelonaparkinson.com uses the following third-party cookies for its correct operation or for statistical and / or advertising purposes:
1. Social networks: The site barcelonaparkinson.com has installed social networking buttons that allow users to share content that interests them. The cookies that social networks use avoid the need for the user to have to re-enter their data to share that content. These buttons do not have access to the data entered by users. For more information about third-party cookies managed by the social networks linked to our website, you can visit the links describing each network´s usage policies:
2. Other unforeseen cookies: Given the characteristics of the Internet and websites, we cannot always count on the information from cookies inserted by third parties into the website barcelonaparkinson.com. This occurs especially when our website contains complete elements: texts, documents, images or videos that are stored outside of our site, but are displayed through it. Consequently, in the event that third party cookies are found on our website that are not included in the above list, please let us know. You can also contact the third party directly to request information about the cookies they use, their purpose and duration, and how your privacy is guaranteed.
3. Our own cookies: We use a cookie to remember the language you use to view the page.
barcelonaparkinson.com displays information about its cookies policy at the bottom of every page at each login.
Given this information it is possible to carry out the following actions:
1. Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the website during the current session.
2. More information. You will be able to obtain all the information related to the cookies that the web barcelonaparkinson.com uses.
6. Ways to deactivate cookies
Cookies stored on the computer can be deactivated following the instructions of the browser itself (usually through the "Help" section of the menu). It is necessary to keep in mind that the deactivation of some cookies may prevent or make the navigation of this web or the provision of services offered in this web difficult.
We provide the following links to modify the configuration of cookies for the main browsers:www.aboutcookies.org
7. Can cookies be eliminated?
Yes. Not only eliminated, but also blocked, globally or individually for a specific domain.
To eliminate a website´s cookies, go to the configuration of your browser and look for those associated with the domain in question, and eliminate them.
Web browsers are the tools charged with storing cookies, and from this site one should be able to make use of the right to its removal or deactivation. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect handling of cookies by the browsers.
In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so that the browser does not forget its decision not to accept them.